Newbattle Abbey College
Midlothian's residential College
Newbattle Abbey College, Midlothian's residential College, Facilities for Learners with Additional Support Requirements
Newbattle Abbey College welcomes applications from people with disabilities and additional support requirements. We aim to provide support to help all learners to achieve their full potential.
Newbattle Abbey College has recently undertaken major building work, including the installation of a lift, to make both the main building and the residential block accessible. In addition, there is an induction loop system in all teaching and public rooms.
The Learning Support tutor can provide:
- one-to-one guidance and support
- Meeting with students to discuss their support needs, and suggesting and arranging support
- Support to apply for Disabled Student’s Allowance –for example, to pay for a personal helper
- Use of specialist equipment and software to help with study
- Study skills support, including managing your time and organising your work
- Help with reading and writing skills, such as essay writing, spelling and grammar
We encourage all students and potential students who have a disability to contact us at any stage to discuss their support needs. We aim to ensure that all students can take part fully in College life and have the help they need to make their time here a success.
Looking for something please use this function to Search Forward Mid website