Midlothian Disability Access Panel
- Do you have a disability?
- Are you a carer?
- Are you affected by disability?
- Would you like more information about disability?
- Do you want a real say in access matters in Midlothian?
- Would you like to be involved in decisions that affect you?
- Do you think you are given enough thought and consideration by those who make the decisions?
- Do you want your ideas to be heard and understood?
Then join Midlothian Disability Access Panel and have your voice heard.
Contact: Mike Harrison, Chair;
Tel: 0131 448 0930
Contact: Lorna Roarty, Secretary to the Panel
Tel: 0771 247 1474 or
So what is an Access Panel?
Local groups of volunteers, including disabled people, carers and people with genuine interest in access who work for better access for disabled people in their local community. Our panel is involved in many of the following:
- Reviewing building standards/ planning applications
- Being the first point of contact with local authorities and other public bodies on access issues.
- We meet locally within Midlothian 3 to 4 times a year.
- Publish Access guides and leaflets and posters to raise awareness
What is expected of you as a volunteer?
You are not obliged to serve on the committee you can simply be a member of the panel and become involved when something interests you.
You can become a member of the panel committee.
Give the time and commitment that you are comfortable with and do not overload yourself.
For details of meetings and more information please visit www.middap.org.uk/ Most of all enjoy your time on the panel.
Looking for something please use this function to Search Forward mid website