Midcare Alarm Service
Through the use of technology (Telecare equipment), the Midcare alarm service enables you to continue to live independently in your own home for as long as possible, allowing you to feel safe, secure and supported.
The Midcare service continues to provide
a lifeline for people of all ages who are
ill, disabled, frail or feel vulnerable.
Who can receive this service?
- Is frail and living alone.
- Is living with or being supported by a carer.
- Is disabled.
- Is potentially unlikely to manage to use the phone in an emergency.
- Has a medical condition which can incapacitate them.
How can I access this service?
Midcare application online form at : www.midlothian.gov.uk Or referrals can be made by a social worker, health or other health professional or by you:
- Contact us at the Adults and Community Care team.
- Complete a self referral form which can be picked up from your local post office, doctors surgery, local library etc.
Print the Midcare self referral form (PDF) www.forwardmid.org.uk/publications.html
What does it cost?
From 1st April 2013, there is a small service charge for using this Midcare Alarm Service. Paid Quarterly. April 2014 cost stand at £2.05p per week.
What is involved?
Each referred client is assessed and provided with an individualised package of Telecare equipment.
The equipment is installed around the home as per the assessment, and this works in conjunction with the alarm base unit.
A wide range of equipment can be provided to meet a variety of need, eg movement sensors, temperature extreme sensors, door exit monitors.
The technology is unobtrusive but highly effective in keeping people and their property safe.
Who is contacted when Telecare equipment is activated?
The East Lothian control room receives the initial alerts from the equipment and passes this on to ensure that an appropriate response is provided. The control room is staffed 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. Tel: 01875 613 921
What responses will be provided?
Response may be provided by:
- A key holder such as family/friend/neighbour, who may be requested to assist in an emergency (service users would provide details of these contacts).
- A Midlothian based responder service provides a back-up when required.
- If appropriate, a client’s GP or the emergency services will be contacted.
For more information contact:
Adults and Community Care,
8 Lothian Road Dalkeith,
Midlothian, EH22 3AA.
Tel: 0131 271 3900.
Looking for something please use this function to Search Forward Mid website